As we move into November & the traditional off-season comes to an end, our thoughts turn towards the new tri season, and over the next few months, this is where next seasons gains will be made.
Before we gallop off into hard training for trainings sake, we should take time to reflect on last season, think about making a list of:
- What went well, did you improve your performance, did you plateau or were your performances not as expected
- Were you consistent throughout the season, meeting your race goals or did you peak too early and your ‘A’ race wasn’t as expected
- Did you have lots of niggly injuries, did you get sick often or both and is this something that always affects your season
- Were you consistent with your training and made Training Peaks or Final Surge go green every week
- Were all your training sessions specific to your race plans and ambitions
- Did you follow a specific and individual triathlon training plan designed to achieve your specific outcomes
Remember, if you always do, what you’ve always done, you will get what you always have.
Perhaps it’s time to take a different approach to your training and stat r arching those goals.
We design training plans that fit around your busy lifestyle and your family making sure that all your training is triathlon-specific as we coach 1 sport, not 3. Guiding you along the way making sure that you are focusing your time and energy in the right place.
If you would like to discuss how we can help you achieve your triathlon goals in 2020 please get in touch